• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
etam

OpenGL OpenGL prompt.

This topic is 5042 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I use 'standard' functions like MessageBox in VIsual Studio, there is a prompt like: http://www.efizo.lh.pl/1.gif. Do You know if I can have such a promts with OpenGL functions? If so, how?

Advertisement
if you have the headers #included in your file and the file is part of the active project that VS has loaded then they should just show up. they do for me anyway.

-me

I dont think that was the question the OP was asking. I believe he was asking if it is possible to get a pop up of the function prototypes for openGL functions when using Visual Studio. I'm sure the answer is yes, I just dont know how since I dont use Visual Studio.

*Edit* Weird I could have sworn there was a post that totally didnt answer the question. Maybe I am imaging things.

I've got those for gl* functions on an untweaked vs.net 2003 using the basecode from the 'beginning opengl game programming' book.

I remember wondering why autocompletion didn't work for OpenGL but at the time it seemed just a given that one of the pros of using DirectX in VC++6 was that it included autocompletion, whereas OpenGL didn't.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!