OpenGL prompt.

Started by
4 comments, last by zdlr 19 years, 6 months ago
When I use 'standard' functions like MessageBox in VIsual Studio, there is a prompt like: http://www.efizo.lh.pl/1.gif. Do You know if I can have such a promts with OpenGL functions? If so, how?
Advertisement
if you have the headers #included in your file and the file is part of the active project that VS has loaded then they should just show up. they do for me anyway.

-me
I dont think that was the question the OP was asking. I believe he was asking if it is possible to get a pop up of the function prototypes for openGL functions when using Visual Studio. I'm sure the answer is yes, I just dont know how since I dont use Visual Studio.

*Edit* Weird I could have sworn there was a post that totally didnt answer the question. Maybe I am imaging things.
"Pfft, Facts! Facts can be used to prove anything!" -- Homer J. Simpson
It never did it in VS6 for me. It does it all the time in .NET though.
I've got those for gl* functions on an untweaked vs.net 2003 using the basecode from the 'beginning opengl game programming' book.
I remember wondering why autocompletion didn't work for OpenGL but at the time it seemed just a given that one of the pros of using DirectX in VC++6 was that it included autocompletion, whereas OpenGL didn't.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement