• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kosmon_x

[java] Need help splitting images

This topic is 5041 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, here is my problem: Right now I have some methods that read in a PNG image into a BufferedImage. I then take the BufferedImage and convert it into a usable OpenGL texture. My question is this: is there any way to split the BufferedImage into multiple smaller BufferedImages (to be used for tiles, for example)? I've tried using the BufferedImage.getSubimage(), however it just returns a reference to the original data, so a new smaller image is not created. Not only that, but the resulting smaller texture turns out solid white (for some reason) Is there a way to take a BufferedImage and make a new, smaller derivative of it (that is not a reference but a completely new BufferedImage object)?

Advertisement
getGraphics() on a smaller, blank BufferedImage, and draw the relevant portion onto the small buffer?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!