Sign in to follow this  
EDI

Morning's Wrath: New Screenshots(updated:10/3/2004)

Hello all, Just thought I would show a new round of Screen shots from our game in progress, Morning's Wrath =) These shots mainly illustrate the new programmable magic system and the last few show the 'foot soldier' enemy, though,dead =) Disclaimer:(no actual foot soldiers were harmed durring the making of this game :-D) Enjoy! :-) (newest) (older ones) [Edited by - EDI on October 3, 2004 1:22:00 AM]

Those look really neat. Are you using 3D acceleration? If so, I would suggest using alpha blending on the magic sprites. It would probably be relatively easy to implement and those would look really good with additive blending.

Great job on being almost done with a project! I like her armor a lot better now, too.

the table tags didn't work [grin]
besides that, it looks awesome. i like the pillars of fire, nice effect.
and yeah, if the flying blue electro-balls of apparent death are spells, then it would be good to alpha blend them a little. it looks like shes hurling marbles.
disclaimer : if she is hurling marbles, then it looks great anyway.
cheers.

hehe,
<sarcasm>
it's a spell man... Marble Blast!!!! ;)
</sarcasm>

yeah, just added blending to the fire and the 'energy' blasts.

Fire is show in a new shot added to the end of the original post,
also you can see there, two Zalmaterns(red lava fire ball evil things) and some 'Live' foot soldiers, In fact, the one in front of me just got hit by my spell "Fire Circlet" and is in proccess of falling to the ground :-D

Looks good.

Suggestions:
1. Special Effects, as already noted. Maybe a full fledged particle system for spells rather than sprites?

2. Lighting needs some smoothing out. It's too squared and "tiley" (I doubt that's a word).

hmm, good points, we were going to do a particle system, but, time hasnt permited it.

cant really smooth out the lighting either =/
since it is per-tile based lighting(2D API).

Sign in to follow this