Okay I am a major newbie .

Started by
7 comments, last by hothead 19 years, 6 months ago
I have now got both Torque and Blitz now as far as Torque goes I just got the program and I dont understand what I am ment to do at all I dont even have a foothold... With Blitz I can do a few things but I would realy like a link to a few guides on making games both 2d and 3d more 3d tho... (Im talking from the ground up guides, I dont care about fees either. I will pay good money for helpfull tutorials from newbie - now) Please can you help me I have some nice models I have made but incorperating them into a game and making there animations work when they are ment to etc is beyond me... and diving head in to advanced things without prior basic knowlege isnt very good no matter what you are doing.
Advertisement
I've never heard of these programs, but from the hearing of this, I'm assuming you don't know how to program. Click the For Beginners link under Resources at the top of this site.
=============================All knowledge is good; only the way it is put to use is good or evil.
Its true I dont know how to program I also dont know how these programs work all I know is they are Game Engines. Blitz 3D is pretty easy by comparison to Torque but since I have never done any progaming before only designing im finding this pretty hard. There doesnt see to be any absaute beginers tutorials about that I can find for either program so im asking here if any one knows if there are any free or no...
Don't know of any tutorials at the moment, but I'm sure [google] could help you find some.

It's my understanding that Torque is a full-blown, commercial quality engine, and that Blitz is more of a "game maker" than anything. If you're a beginner, I'd recommend using Blitz, and if you find any tutorials (I'll look here in just a moment...), don't be afraid to post them.
Things change.
Quote:Original post by Choix
I will pay good money for helpfull tutorials from newbie

Then buy a book or three. There are some excellent tutorials here.
- CheeseMonger
Quote:Original post by CheeseMonger
I will pay good money for helpfull tutorials from newbie

Then buy a book or three. There are some excellent tutorials here.

I just spent money on those programs... I would rather get guides on how to use them...
Its true I dont know how to program I also dont know how these programs work all I know is they are Game Engines.

Blitz3d is a compiler.
Try blitzcoder.com go to discussions it's the same as forums :).
-----------------------------------Panic and anxiety Disorder HQ
Thanks that helped alot =)
No problem thats where I went till I started c++.
-----------------------------------Panic and anxiety Disorder HQ

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement