Sign in to follow this  
soconne

Problems with Fluid Studio's Collision Detection

I've tried implementing the ellipsoid collision detection and response at Fluid Studio's website. http://www.fluidstudios.com/ The problem I'm having is that for some reason the collisions are never detected. I've tried writing it exactly as he puts it in his pdf, but I have had no luck. I know looking through source code is a pain, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could take a look and let me know what's wrong. I suspect the problem is in Collision.cpp in the intersect or intersectSphere functions, since I'm getting odd values from them. Geometry.h Collision.h Collision.cpp main.cpp

Yeah, I accidentially deleted them, they're back up now.

Basically what is wrong is if I place a wall in the scene, and then place the camera about 100 units above it but have it intersect the 'plane', but not the actual wall......the collision code keeps saying it is intersecting the wall when its really not.

[Edited by - oconnellseanm on October 2, 2004 12:34:41 PM]

well its really hard to tell for any of us. the best advice i can give you is to add more debug info: output all intermediate data, and if you have a grip on whats actually going on mathwise you will be able to tell which numbers are way off from what they ought to be for the given situation.