Sign in to follow this  
Cornstalks

Is it possible to need any more help?

Cornstalks    7030
Okay everyone. I am a very very big noob. I have done some programming before, but that was with Visual Basic line coding, which is nothing compared to C++. I just downloaded Dev-C++ to start learning. I have begun the tutorial on the tetris game, but I dont even understand anything. The only thing I know how to do is to leave a comment/remark. So if you have any tips for me, on any simple programming, please tell me. If you know of good tutorials for a first time user, I would love them. Thanks. --Michael

jakpandora    112
Check out the beggineres section of gamedev. You might find some help there. There are several good tutorials online. although I dont have any on me at the moment, if you use a search engine, im sure youlll find some. Also, I dont think you should instantly star out learning to program tetris. I think that might be a little to complex, even for someone with previous programming experience.

*EDIT* spudder must have posted right as I did. Darn it!

Ainokea    435
First learn c++ then try and learn the windows api or another library needed for makinga window or graphics.

google for "thinking in c++" to learn c++. Then once you finish volume one and two then think about making tetris.

CoffeeMug    852
Honestly, I would recommend learning Python first. Spend a few months learning it (it's *much* easier for beginners to grasp), write some small programs and then move on to C++. I think this way your learning experience will be a lot more productive and a lot less frustrating.

demonkoryu    980
Yeah, I also like Python very much, however I didn't write anything in it yet. (I am drunk & writing crap)
Just wanna say it's great.

Hey, anyone give me a hint what to write!

(This is really a signature test)

Thermo

Ravuya    135
Quote:
Original post by CoffeeMug
Honestly, I would recommend learning Python first. Spend a few months learning it (it's *much* easier for beginners to grasp), write some small programs and then move on to C++. I think this way your learning experience will be a lot more productive and a lot less frustrating.

Agreed. Python will bring you up fairly well, and then you can move onto C++.