Megadeth: The System Has Failed [omg typo!]

Started by
11 comments, last by Goober King 19 years, 6 months ago
Kick ass album, is all I have to say. Holy shit, these guys are seriously talented. Those guitar solos are sooo insane. They also have a talented drummer / bassist, and the vocals rock! I love this all! I'm listening to The Scorpion now, and I'm thinking to myself "1) Why haven't I listened to Megadeth sooner? 2) This kicks ass." Yes sir. Anybody else have this album, or is a Megadeth fan? I can't believe I spent years of my early teens listening to bands like KoRn (which I actually don't like that much anymore) and other angsty, whiney, bitchy bands! Megadeth kicks so much ass. [Edited by - Drevay on October 1, 2004 10:43:50 PM]
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Advertisement
[Mr. Miyagi]Ahh, yes grasshopper, I see you have had a revelation.
You have discovered the true meaning of metal.
True metal is not about whiny bitchy angst. True metal is about kicking so much ass! You have discovered one of the true metal bands.[/Mr. Miyagi]

Yeah, I like Megadeth. I thought they had split up, guess I was wrong.
Dave Mustaine has the perfect voice for this style of music. Very gritty, but musical, unlike the of random yelling and screaming from a lot of other hack bands.

And if you like this album, definitely listen to "Countdown to Extinction". It's my personal favorite. "Sweating Bullets" is such an awesome song.

PS. Are your sure it's "The System is Down"? All I see is "The System has Failed".

PPS. Iron Maiden is still better[wink]
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
I know this is kind of an asshole thing to say, but it just seems to me that they're trying to use other people's publicity to power their own.

I mean, I saw a poster with "The system has failed...The system has failed...The system has failed...The system has failed...The system has failed..." writen on it. All the geeks in the world will go "AHAH!! It's just like the classic!" And then buy their album.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Quote:Original post by Rob Loach
I know this is kind of an asshole thing to say, but it just seems to me that they're trying to use other people's publicity to power their own.

I mean, I saw a poster with "The system has failed...The system has failed...The system has failed...The system has failed...The system has failed..." writen on it. All the geeks in the world will go "AHAH!! It's just like the classic!" And then buy their album.
Uh, maybe I'm just dumb (no doubt about it folks [smile]), but, what is that a reference to? I Googled it, but only came up with Megadeth stuff.
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
The System Is Down
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Quote:Original post by Promit
The System Is Down
But we need "The system has failed"!
close though...or I'm confused! [wink]
Yah, it's The System Has Failed, sorry. [razz]

Anyway, yah, I love this music - seriously love it. It's my psych out music between frag fests, and it works well it seems. [wink]

I was thinking of System of a Down and The System Has Failed at the time of writing this; by the way, System of a Down (which I used to love, along with KoRn) ain't got NOTHIN' on Megadeth. [evil]

Yay! [grin]
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Yeah, I really like Megadeth for killing music (in games, not in real life. For real life, I prefer Chopin. Call me strange[wink]). I really dislike SOAD. I just dislike the singer's voice very much.

Why just use it between frag fests? Play it all the time. Plus, I think Vice City actually had Megadeth on the soundtrack, didn't it? How cool is that? (Just Googled it. "Peace Sells...but who's Buying" another classic)

And again, what was Rob Loach referring to? What classic?

*cough* Iron Maiden is still better [wink]
My favorite work from Megadeth is "Rust In Peace". I think it came out in 1990, correct me if I'm wrong. The guitar combined guitar work of Friedman/Mustaine is amazing. If you haven't checked it out yet Drevay, you should. ;)

It's interesting that you say the bass and drum work on the album is great. It's done by session players, but obviously very good ones. If you didn't already know Chris Poland is on the guitar for the album, Megadeth's first guitarist.

Anyway, yeah. Totally awesome album, much better than the World Needs A Hero or risk.

I was going to see them on tour but they've decided to do 18+ and 21+ venues in both San Diego and L.A. which makes it kind of hard to see them. I think it's kind of a slap in the face to everyone for a final tour.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement