ARB-Core

Started by
7 comments, last by JD 19 years, 6 months ago
when using core functions upgraded from extensions, what do u do? is it pretty much what im doing now (loading the extensions using PFNGL####ARBPROC) except dropping the 'ARB' suffix? if so, what is the advantage of simply dropping 'ARB'?
I am Me...you cant argue with THAT can you!!!
Advertisement
If you are using Windows you have OpenGL 1.1. Period. So all the extensions promoted into the core are still extensions in Windows.
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Yes i am using windows...bugger too...but as i said before its possible to drop the 'ARB' from 'PFNGL####ARBPROC' and from 'wglGetProcAddress("gl####ARB")', is there any advantage of doing this, besides from making myself think microsoft has given me > 1.1? :D
Quote:Original post by Twixn
is there any advantage of doing this, besides from making myself think microsoft has given me > 1.1? :D

yes, a few less letters to type ,-)
f@dzhttp://festini.device-zero.de
i always drop the ARB EXT if possible, theres no difference performance wise/ implemementation wise it just makes the code look cleaner
ok, thanks guys, i'll drop them then...thanks again
This brings up a question tho...is OpenGL 2.0 gonna change anything for windows users? besides from dropping more 'ARB's?
no.
The gl specs mention that when arb extension is promoted to the gl core that it can change in some way. This is described at the end of the specs docs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement