Sign in to follow this  
Duncanf

ODE compiling/linking errors

Duncanf    133
Ello all, I'm hoping someone in this forum has used ODE before :) I've compiled ODE and OPCODE but when I'm compiling my own code which uses ODE I'm getting linker errors. I was using a precompiled ODE that I'd downloaded from the project website, that didn't produce any of these errors. I'm linking ode.lib and OPCODE.lib along with a bunch of DirectX ones: Linking... MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _exit already defined in LIBC.lib(crt0dat.obj) MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _abort already defined in LIBC.lib(abort.obj) MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _malloc already defined in LIBC.lib(malloc.obj) MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _realloc already defined in LIBC.lib(realloc.obj) MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _free already defined in LIBC.lib(free.obj) MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _memmove already defined in LIBC.lib(memmove.obj) MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBC.lib(typinfo.obj) MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBC.lib(typinfo.obj) LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library I'm not very experienced with ODE, so can anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers, Duncan

Spudder    385
Try changing your code generation options to use the multi-threaded dll version of the standard library.

EDIT: have just checked the ODE project settings and it does use the multi-threaded version of the runtime library, simply changing the code generation options will fix the errors.