Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help choosing compiler and class libraries

This topic is 6279 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

which compiler/library should i use for 16-32bit isometric rpg/action programming? where can i get it and how much does it cost? (free compilers preferred!) im a student who got a hold of abook on cpp and read it all through in a week and really want to get into game programming. what is the difference between cpp and msvcpp? what are these class libraries i hear of (like borland or whatever)? and do i need them? and what is object oriented programming (and will i need it/will it help me)? ****many thanks for any answers or tips that you can provide! P.S. ARE THERE ANY QUALITY FREE COMPILERS OR CLASS LIBRARIES THAT WILL ACCOMPLISH WHAT I WANT TO DO? (isometric rpgs) P.S.S. ARE THERE ANY IMPORTANT DIFFERENCES TO PROGRAMMING FOR WINDOWS (MOUSE, WINDOWS THEMSELVES, ETC.) THAT THIS TEXT BOOK WOULDNT HAVE TAUGHT ME? (ITS A 1998 MADE-FOR-SCHOOLS BOOK. AND I DON''T REMEMBER IT MENTIONING ANY WINDOWS-SPECIFIC TECHNIQUES)