A new game at my site

Started by
7 comments, last by Kuladus 19 years, 6 months ago
Hi I just added a new game at my site called Sylball. It's a puzzle game involving sliding balls and matching colors. Any comments or opinion is welcome here... Thanks
Ride the thrill of your life
Play Motorama
Advertisement
Pretty cool concept.

Think this is a bug though - if I click a ball and it can't move anywhere, it gets counted against my moves.

Also, puzzle mode seems awfully hard sometimes because even with 5 moves I can't get any completed lines and then it's game over.
Nice game, but it was not immidiatly clear that you can move more then one ball at a time.
The balls get mad after a certain amount of time on puzzle mode... they should get mad by the number of moves you make (eventually it becomes impossible the way it is now); you also spelled "lose" wrong.
Ra
super fun game!

One weird thing though... I resized the window and alot of balls popped and I got 4600 points.

You should have a reversed play mode too. Where you count the number of moves up, for us slow players that like to play around ;) Kinda like golf. The lesser you have, the better.
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Thanks for the advice.. hmm.. yeah.. i'll work more on the puzzle mode but first help me promote my site.. I'd allready paid for the bandwith.. so it'll be such a waste if no one's coming :D
Play Motorama
A couple of comments:

Overall, the game is very nice, but I would suggest easier levels in the beginning so new players can get the feel of the game and maybe win a level or two, instead of game over in a minute.

Quote: The balls get mad after a certain amount of time on puzzle mode... they should get mad by the number of moves you make (eventually it becomes impossible the way it is now); you also spelled "lose" wrong.

I agree the balls should get mad after a certain number of moves. Also, since you provide 5 moves to complete the first line, I think the extra moves should be 5 also. I've found it takes 2 or 3 moves to get one small line and requires a little bit of thought first. Adding only 1 extra move guarentees a player will run out of moves before meeting the level 1 quota.

Another issue you may want to address, is I discovered you can at least pass the first three puzzle levels by just waiting for enough grumpy balls and then zapping them.

The instructions for the bonus level were a little unclear, and I think the safe zone may be too high (it's only 2 rows away from victory)...

...it's seems like a lot, but they are all minor issues, that will help polish the game into something everyone can enjoy.

Also, it's just my opinion, since I might be the only one who's not very good at the game.

[Edited by - Bordogg on October 3, 2004 12:57:18 AM]
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not.A sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.-Horace Walpole
thanks for the bug rport.. I'll fix it ASAP.. in the meantime Borrdog : maybe you can try your skill in my other games on the site :D??
Play Motorama
n1 mate, would be good to have the last 10 seconds beep in rush mode though. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement