• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
demonkoryu

WTF

This topic is 4986 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
it should be dead :> if you want another language starting with the letter 'D', get to see the D programming language :] it's got all features delphi has ever had and even more

That post is pretty much a joke, but Delphi is an IDE and programming language is Object Pascal, if you did not know it [smile]
And no, I don't need another programming language - had enough [smile] Thanks anyway, Anonymous Poster!

Guest Anonymous Poster
We don't need another lame-brained language that does what every other one does. We need more than just a language, we need universal analogue architectures and high level languages that are built from the ground up with fuzzy sets, feedback, and designed in limit approximation functions for halting.
For now, our write everything out explict programming paradigm is quite fine for our digital calculators....I don't think we neither yet another language, but I guess borland thinks otherwise.

I really don't get all this talk about Delphi being dead. It's almost as if some people want Delphi to be dead...

As long as there are still people programming in Delphi, it will not die and I happen to know quite a few people who still use it as their only IDE/compiler.

Delphi 9 looks incredible and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm sure the way we will write applications in the future will be quite different from how we do it now. I don't know if .NET is what we will all end up using, but whatever it is, I'm sure Delphi will be around.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!