WTF

Started by
20 comments, last by Lifepower 19 years, 4 months ago
Delphi is dead?
Advertisement
Yes, if you look out the window you can see it's grave.
WTF does 'dead' mean in this context?
Dead as in, going to be revived soon!

:)

(maybe?)
I ask for help and you give me a book? I hate book. Book is stupid.Also known as Yellow at the Dark Basic forums.
it should be dead :> if you want another language starting with the letter 'D', get to see the D programming language :] it's got all features delphi has ever had and even more
"The dead walks..." from Resident Evil
"She is not dead, she sleeps..." from Queen of the damned
"He's dead Jim, but not as we know it!"
TuinfeesT!
Delphi isn't dead. Borland is working on Delphi 9:
http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa083104a.htm

There is also the FreePascal compiler, wich supports Delphi:
http://www.freepascal.org/
That post is pretty much a joke, but Delphi is an IDE and programming language is Object Pascal, if you did not know it [smile]
And no, I don't need another programming language - had enough [smile] Thanks anyway, Anonymous Poster!
We don't need another lame-brained language that does what every other one does. We need more than just a language, we need universal analogue architectures and high level languages that are built from the ground up with fuzzy sets, feedback, and designed in limit approximation functions for halting.
For now, our write everything out explict programming paradigm is quite fine for our digital calculators....I don't think we neither yet another language, but I guess borland thinks otherwise.
I really don't get all this talk about Delphi being dead. It's almost as if some people want Delphi to be dead...

As long as there are still people programming in Delphi, it will not die and I happen to know quite a few people who still use it as their only IDE/compiler.

Delphi 9 looks incredible and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm sure the way we will write applications in the future will be quite different from how we do it now. I don't know if .NET is what we will all end up using, but whatever it is, I'm sure Delphi will be around.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement