Sign in to follow this  

SDL and Dev C++ 5

This topic is 4824 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok so I want to learn to use SDL with Dev C++ 5. I am looking at the SDL site now and I am not fully sure which dev lib to download. By the looks of it I think I need to download the mingw32 dev lib. Once I do that however, I am not sure how to set up Dev C++ 5 to use SDL libs. Can someone help me out please.

W00t, Mr. Catch Phrase saves the day again. I found a few tutorials (gametutorials), but a few days ago I decided to learn SDL, and a few of the functions in the docs don't even *WORK* in windows.

Thanks, hope that whole "cow flesh" thing works out for you.

Quote:
Original post by Boku San
W00t, Mr. Catch Phrase saves the day again. I found a few tutorials (gametutorials), but a few days ago I decided to learn SDL, and a few of the functions in the docs don't even *WORK* in windows.

what didnt work for you? If your using the opengl/sdl tutorials then you have to include the SDL_opengl.h header so you can use opengl.

Quote:
Original post by Ainokea
Quote:
Original post by Boku San

what didnt work for you? If your using the opengl/sdl tutorials then you have to include the SDL_opengl.h header so you can use opengl.

Hmm...I've got everything working, and I haven't had to include anything but SDL.h and OpenGL files. Maybe I should've come here before racking my brain for an hour or so about it.

The "saves the day" thing was for the OP, fyi btw lol.

Quote:
Original post by TheNobleOne
This tutorial is using 1.2.4 however 1.2.7 is out now so how would I get the Dev C++ version of them.

Installation should be about the same.

This topic is 4824 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.