Where is dx wizard for vs and dx 9c?

Started by
2 comments, last by circlesoft 19 years, 6 months ago
Few days ago I have installed dx 9c, and if I remember, in earlier sdk versions there was a wizard for creating dx apps that was installed at installation time into visual studio. Is that wizard gone in 9c version of sdk, or it just didn't installed for some reason? If it is still there where can I find it? (sorry if lame question but I really can't find a word about that wizard in docs). thnks for tips
Advertisement
The wizard has been removed, probably because it was annoying to support all the different IDE's. However, the Sample Browser has it's own 'wizard' now. In the sample browser, find "EmptyProject" and select "Install Project".
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
thnks for info - pitty they removed the wiz;

yes - I have seen "samples and empty project" - but wanted to skip starting sample browser (or copying folders) etc ... it was more convenient to make new project directly from vs. It also gave some more control over things u got into your project then looking for suitable project and then modifying .... maybe just my personal preference
Personally, I prefer it, because it was always a *HUGE* pain to re-install the project wizard when you upgraded IDE's. [smile]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement