Render to Texture Problem

Started by
4 comments, last by Rockin 19 years, 6 months ago
I did render to texture in 3D studio max. My plan is to use it in my DirectX application, however the result of baked texture is decreasing as u can see below. I want to know to do it with a usual size of texture.
Advertisement
what exactly is the aim behind what you are trying to do?
How can I increase the size of baked texture to be bigger size (more detail) than the above picture. It look very ugly when my x-file render in DirectX. Do I need to manually define UVW of model in 3dmax. And here is the screen shoot of rendering result. See it look awful, althoght there is some shadow and light. But it not show the detail of texture.

[Edited by - anunaki on October 4, 2004 4:23:10 AM]
ok I am assumeing you want to bake on some detail?? such as lighting?

If your models are correctly uvw mapped already you should be aiming to maintain this UV mapping but not letting max unwrap and change the uvmapping (there is an option to stop it from doing this)

I am still not sure what you are trying to achive, you you have not explained it very well?
To increase the size of the baked texture, just increase the values in the width and height fields in the Output part of the 'render to texture' dialog.
I'd also recommend you to manually unwrap the scene or play around with the autounwrap-settings a bit. The texture you posted has a lot of black areas and this is wasted space that could (and should) have been put to use.
You should also play with the "Spacing" value. Setting it lower will give MAX more space to unwrap the model.
Bye now. Must go and listen to some heavy metal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement