Forum game - Write your own chunk..in reverse!

Started by
27 comments, last by dodecahedron 19 years, 5 months ago
I may be wrong, but I don’t think there has been a post here for the last 2 days [wow] So, we need to get ACTIVE! Below is a simple forum game which I am hoping everyone can join into. It is a simple 'write your own chunk' game with a twist: How to play Each poster will write a small paragraph of a story, trying to continue on from the previous post as much as possible. BUT, this time the story will be told in reverse, so each chunk will be the few moments that lead up to the previous post. A few simple rules
  • Please finish your post with the first four words from the previous post to ensure continuation.
  • One paragraph should be enough
  • Try to stay in the theme of the story (I.e. Don’t include Hitlar and Alienz randomly!)
I will get it started (make sure you reply to the second paragraph below. I wrote two just so everyone understands how it works) As Michelle looked into her trembling hand, she realized that she was still holding the gun with an iron grip. She dropped it onto the cold concrete floor, and as it echoed through the church she gazed upon the Angel she had shot. Her mind wandered, hardly believing it was over. The sun shone through the church windows, touching her face as she breathed a sigh of relief, letting her guard down for the first time. She turned on her heel, and walked out the door to the perfect day. She was going home. Example reply- As she clenched the gun, her hands shook terribly. The Angel looked down upon her, ignoring the gun pointed at his chest. ‘What are you going to do now? Shoot me?’. She closed her eyes and uttered ever so quietly ‘I’m sorry’, then pulled the trigger. As Michelle looked..
Advertisement
The Angel came screaming down from above with rage in its eyes. How could this have happened? All elements were in place. Michelle jumped out of the way just as the Angel flew straight into the ground where she stood. Shards from the Church's floor can flying up hitting the walls. Memory streamed into her head. "HATE", "CONFUSION"... "LOVE". "I don't want to do this!" she screamed. She heard a huge bang and the Angel's head exploded as blood dripped to the floor.

As Michelle looked into her trembling hand, she realized that she was still holding the gun with an iron grip. She dropped it onto the cold concrete floor, and as it echoed through the church she gazed upon the Angel she had shot. Her mind wandered, hardly believing it was over. The sun shone through the church windows, touching her face as she breathed a sigh of relief, letting her guard down for the first time. She turned on her heel, and walked out the door to the perfect day. She was going home.

.... Good game idea. I can understand why you didn't put it into the Lounge [wink].
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Okay...I expected to start from the OP's second paragraph, but this ought to work out alright. Just FYI, I don't know much about religion and don't claim to, so if anything is inaccurate...tell me so. Maybe better to not clutter up the topic and just PM it to me.

The doors of the Cathedral creaked open -- sanctuary. Michelle thought how ironic it would be to hide herself from a fallen messenger of God inside his own house. Light streamed through the windows and she felt refreshed as she strolled toward the altar. A Crucifix stood silent on the wall behind it; disturbingly comforting. From here, she thought, even the sign of torture would relieve her pain. In her current situation, she almost expected to see...blood. There was blood trickling from the eyes. She dove into her pocket and leaped away from the altar. The Angel came screaming...

...down from above with rage in its eyes. How could this have happened? All elements were in place. Michelle jumped out of the way just as the Angel flew straight into the ground where she stood. Shards from the Church's floor can flying up hitting the walls. Memory streamed into her head. "HATE", "CONFUSION"... "LOVE". "I don't want to do this!" she screamed. She heard a huge bang and the Angel's head exploded as blood dripped to the floor.

I too am glad this wasn't put in the lounge and hope a lot of people participate. I was going to start one of these after I read that post about horror stories, but I guess I put it off too long, eh?

One more thing: Should we start to post the whole current story or just what the last poster says?
Things change.
bump

Also, question: can we post more than once without intervention? I don't have any ideas yet, but just wondering if I could and then not get in trouble for bumping.

Note: don't let this topic die. Because I will hunt you down if you do.
Things change.
@ Boku San: It makes sense to post the whole story when you reply (so it doesn’t get confusing when everyone reads it), but for now you can just post the last four words of the previous post. What I will do is once it gets to a good number of replies, I will collect them all up and edit my original post to form one big story (although I may still keep it in reverse..)

And I don’t mind if you reply to our own post, but try to keep a limit on it (so that it doesn’t turn into one poster writing an entire story [grin].)

Great posts so far, keep up the good work guys!

---------

Michelle looked into the sky, watching as dark clouds rolled in. She could still hear the sounds of innocents dying, fogging her mind with their screams. She hung her head weakly, wondering how it ever got this far. From across the road, she could clearly see the entrance to the cathedral. 'All I have to do is get inside, and everything will be fine' she thought to herself. She looked around, trying to find any movement in the streets. Nothing. 'Maybe I lost him' she wondered. She took one last breath, said a silent prayer, and in a leap of faith she made a run for the cathedral door. The doors of the Cathedral creaked open...
Michelle waited on the side of the road, trying to gather enough courage to cross the street. But, she was sure that the angel would dive out of the sky as soon as she moved. "All I have to do is cross the street. All I have to do is get to the cathedral," she thought to herself, as she had the entire way here, but this was the final step. Michelle looked into the sky...

-------------------------------------------
I couldn't think of too much new to add, so I decided to emphasize the fact that she was trying to work up the courage. Too bad it looks like a repeat of the one right before, or right after depending on how you look at it.
I am the master of ideas.....If only I could write them down...
<br><br>Adam was nowhere to be seen. Michelle looked around looking for him. The dust from the explosion had clouded her vision. Confusion rushed into her head. The Angel must have taken him. It had happened to her father years ago when she lived back &#111;n Mars. She knew what she had to do. But where was the Angel?<br><br>Michelle waited &#111;n the side of the road, trying to gather enough courage to cross the street. But, she was sure that the Angel would dive out of the sky as soon as she moved. "All I have to do is cross the street. All I have to do is get to the cathedral," she thought to herself, as she had the entire way here, but this was the final step.<br><br>The doors of the Cathedral creaked open – sanctuary. Michelle thought how ironic it would be to hide herself from a fallen messenger of God inside his own house. Light streamed through the windows and she felt refreshed as she strolled toward the altar. A Crucifix stood silent &#111;n the wall behind it; disturbingly comforting. From here, she thought, even the sign of torture would relieve her pain. In her current situation, she almost expected to see…blood. There was blood trickling from the eyes. She dove into her pocket and leaped away from the altar.<br><br>The Angel came screaming down from above with rage in its eyes. How could this have happened? All elements were in place. Michelle jumped out of the way just as the Angel flew straight into the ground where she stood. Shards from the Church's floor can flying up hitting the walls. Memory streamed into her head. "HATE", "CONFUSION"… "LOVE". "I don't want to do this!" she screamed. She heard a huge bang and the Angel's head exploded as blood dripped to the floor.<br><br>As Michelle looked into her trembling hand, she realized that she was still holding the gun with an iron grip. She dropped it &#111;nto the cold concrete floor, and as it echoed through the church she gazed upon the Angel she had shot. Her mind wandered, hardly believing it was over. The sun shone through the church windows, touching her face as she breathed a sigh of relief, letting her guard down for the first time. She turned &#111;n her heel, and walked out the door to the perfect day. She was going home.
**EDIT** damnation... I knew I'D be the one to screw this up... just cuz a guy takes a long time to post... anyways, I guess you can disregard this one cuz you've continued already... even though it's better than the other two... mars... pffft =P just kidding, ignore this

Kneeling over the body of her lover, Michelle wept enraged tears into the chest of his bloodied coat, while behind her the unearthly voice resonated in the courtyard again. "Your life, and those who get close to it, will forever belong to us." Once more her sorrow lifted and she let herself became consumed by the hatred. She would not lose any more loved ones to this winged apparition. She would not be a prisoner. The Angel's presence radiated behind her; the dark aura had followed her for what seemed like an eternity, tainting her very existence. Disguising her motives with a gentle kiss to her lover's forehead, she leaned forward, removing his gun from its holster as swiftly and gently as she could. With one maneouvre she spun around, pistol flashing in the sun, trigger half depressed. The Angel was gone though, no longer watching her. What would she do now?

Michelle looked into the sky...
Ok, just so things don’t get confusing, the current story so far is below. Also, I kept it in reverse for the moment. If you want to read a normal version, Rob Loach posted one a few posts up (thanks Rob![smile]):

------------

As Michelle looked into her trembling hand, she realized that she was still holding the gun with an iron grip. She dropped it onto the cold concrete floor, and as it echoed through the church she gazed upon the Angel she had shot. Her mind wandered, hardly believing it was over. The sun shone through the church windows, touching her face as she breathed a sigh of relief, letting her guard down for the first time. She turned on her heel, and walked out the door to the perfect day. She was going home.

The Angel came screaming down from above with rage in its eyes. How could this have happened? All elements were in place. Michelle jumped out of the way just as the Angel flew straight into the ground where she stood. Shards from the Church's floor can flying up hitting the walls. Memory streamed into her head. "HATE", "CONFUSION"... "LOVE". "I don't want to do this!" she screamed. She heard a huge bang and the Angel's head exploded as blood dripped to the floor. As Michelle looked into her trembling hand...

The doors of the Cathedral creaked open -- sanctuary. Michelle thought how ironic it would be to hide herself from a fallen messenger of God inside his own house. Light streamed through the windows and she felt refreshed as she strolled toward the altar. A Crucifix stood silent on the wall behind it; disturbingly comforting. From here, she thought, even the sign of torture would relieve her pain. In her current situation, she almost expected to see...blood. There was blood trickling from the eyes. She dove into her pocket and leaped away from the altar. The Angel came screaming down from above...

Michelle looked into the sky, watching as dark clouds rolled in. She could still hear the sounds of innocents dying, fogging her mind with their screams. She hung her head weakly, wondering how it ever got this far. From across the road, she could clearly see the entrance to the cathedral. 'All I have to do is get inside, and everything will be fine' she thought to herself. She looked around, trying to find any movement in the streets. Nothing. 'Maybe I lost him' she wondered. She took one last breath, said a silent prayer, and in a leap of faith she made a run for the cathedral door. The doors of the Cathedral creaked open...

Michelle waited on the side of the road, trying to gather enough courage to cross the street. But, she was sure that the angel would dive out of the sky as soon as she moved. "All I have to do is cross the street. All I have to do is get to the cathedral," she thought to herself, as she had the entire way here, but this was the final step. Michelle looked into the sky...

--------------

Now, since two people posted their addition at the same time, whoever posts next has the choice of deciding which post they would like to continue. The two options are:

A) Kneeling over the body of her lover, Michelle wept enraged tears into the chest of his bloodied coat, while behind her the unearthly voice resonated in the courtyard again. "Your life, and those who get close to it, will forever belong to us." Once more her sorrow lifted and she let herself became consumed by the hatred. She would not lose any more loved ones to this winged apparition. She would not be a prisoner. The Angel's presence radiated behind her; the dark aura had followed her for what seemed like an eternity, tainting her very existence. Disguising her motives with a gentle kiss to her lover's forehead, she leaned forward, removing his gun from its holster as swiftly and gently as she could. With one maneouvre she spun around, pistol flashing in the sun, trigger half depressed. The Angel was gone though, no longer watching her. What would she do now? Michelle looked into the sky...

B) Adam was nowhere to be seen. Michelle looked around looking for him. The dust from the explosion had clouded her vision. Confusion rushed into her head. The Angel must have taken him. It had happened to her father years ago when she lived back on Mars. She knew what she had to do. But where was the Angel? Michelle looked into the sky...

Remember you are posting the events leading UP to option A or B!
I vote A.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement