[.net] SDL Wrappers

Started by
3 comments, last by nagromo 19 years, 6 months ago
My project is currently using SDLDotNet. Would you reccomend that I switch to Tao.Sdl? I like the style and interface of SDLDotNet, but it isn't being updated any more.
Advertisement
The only way to find out is to test Tao.SDL. I know this post isn't too helpful but the best way is to find out for yourself and you do that by trying it. You might like it a lot more, you never know.
Tao.Sdl is, like the other Tao libraries, just a class that contains all of the unmanaged functions. I have used unmanaged SDL and far prefer SDLDotNet. I will try it out, though, and I'll probably stick with it because it's being updated and SDLDotNet isn't.
If you've already written quite a bit of code using SDL.NET, then you should probably just keep using it, and not worry too much that it isn't being updated anymore. Otherwise I'd probably go for Tao.SDL simply because there is an active team fixing bugs and answering questions.
Not a huge amount... my entire game is built on it, but it is only used for window creation and input; I'm using Tao.OpenGL for graphics. I already have window creation rewritten using Tao.Sdl; I'm working on input. This is where having a modular design is very useful (even though I'm redesigning the input system).

I probably shouldn't have posted this thread as I mostly made the decision on my own, but ah well...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement