Sign in to follow this  
smiley_horse

I think I have seen a bug ... in dxut

smiley_horse    132
I was just playing a bit with framework that comes with sdk 9c, and I think I have found a bug (I'm not sure - maybe I did somethign wrong). Nothing serious but anyway ... This code should open a window and install a keyboard callback that closes app when 'q' is pressed. However if u press F2 it has same effect too even if framework is initialized not to handle default keys. A bug? #include "dxstdafx.h" #include "resource.h" void CALLBACK KeyboardProc( UINT nChar, bool bKeyDown, bool bAltDown ){ if( bKeyDown ) { switch( nChar ) { case 'q': case 'Q': PostQuitMessage( 0 ); } } } INT WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE,HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int){ DXUTInit(false,false,true); DXUTSetCallbackKeyboard( KeyboardProc ); DXUTCreateWindow(); DXUTCreateDevice(); DXUTMainLoop(); return DXUTGetExitCode(); } The code is stripped of anything else then a window and keyboard callback for simplicity.

smiley_horse    132
That's true!

Didn't know that one; thnks

But do I use lower 'q' in that case? If I run code above with only 'Q' compiled, it doesn't matter if I use caps lock or not, it responds on both cases. Does it mean I can only use "one" case with this framework?

uavfun    744
Use GetKeyboardState() then ToAscii() if you want an ASCII code. You could also be slightly lazy and just check the state of the caps lock and shift keys (with GetKeyState()).