Sign in to follow this  

A bit of help

This topic is 4819 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My long term goal is to be able to make MPOG's(very long term). I realize that I must start with simple programs and work my way up. Hopefully, some day, I will reach my goal just to set another. For now I want to focus on shorter term goals. What I ask, of anyone kind enough to lend some assistance, is a push in the right direction. A free complier(a VB clone maybe) and some well written tutorials that, of course, starts at "hello world" and progrssivley moves up to more complex programs(i.e. pong, tetris). Tutorials on AI and and anything else that might be of assistance in programing. If im missing anything in between "Hello World!" and this paragraph, please enlighten me. Anything after that, I guess, would be some thing like a chat client, maybe a telnet client/srver that just says hi to ppl that connect to the server? I have found it difficult to find a comprehensive chat client tutorial, maybe its just that im not skilled enough to even be looking for that information or my surfing skills arent developed enough. I'm not going to speed read through everything and dive into MPOG's. I just feal more comfortable in possesion of information that progresses down the line so I wont get side tracked by a project that I thought I could handle. Well, thats all I can think of right now, I'll try not to ask too many newby questions. Thank you for any advice, -GamerCon

Welcome GamerCon, here are some links that will get you started (hopefully).

GameTutorials.Com
C/C++ from beginner to intermediate, Win32 tutorials, OGL/DX tutorials, etc. Good place to start.

DevCPP
A free compiler and IDE. Very popular, and IMO, very easy to use.

GameDev Beginners Section
The first thing any newbie should read.

- heap

I'll post more if I can think of them.

Thank you for the welcome, heap. And might I say, GameTutorials.com is an outstanding site-I give it a 10 out of 10. Easy to navigate and tutorials that exceeded my expectations.

DevCpp, as far as I've gotten, is a suprisingly simple-to-use compiler. A huge step(IMO) beyond DJGPP.

Much appreciation on my side of things.

-GamerCon

This topic is 4819 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.