VC++ .NET 2005 Express Limitations?

Started by
5 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 6 months ago
I'm using a purchased Standard version of Visual C++ .NET 2003, and I'm wondering what's new in '05 but I'd like to know, since it's a beta and it's free, what are the limitations as to what you can do?
=============================All knowledge is good; only the way it is put to use is good or evil.
Advertisement
Nothing. No limitations. Eventually the beta will expire, but aside from that it's perfectly usable. And since you have .NET 2003, you can fall back to that if you don't want to go ahead and purchase the release version of 2005.
What's new in 2005?
Quote:Original post by DrEvil
What's new in 2005?

don't know myself but no better place to learn than from the source:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/visualc/default.aspx

-me
Quick question.
When VC express '05 comes out (retail), will the compiler with it be the optimizing advanced compiler, or will it be a cut down one (without optimization) like the case of VC .net 2003 standard?
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Nothing. No limitations.

Actually, you're not allowed to release applications you make using it, but that's less of a limitation than it is a usage restriction.

Quote:When VC express '05 comes out (retail), will the compiler with it be the optimizing advanced compiler, or will it be a cut down one (without optimization) like the case of VC .net 2003 standard?

It will have the same optimizing compiler as the professional version.
go to www.msdn.com to check out all of the new features of VS.net 2005. Most of the features are not directly related to game programming but the new DX libraies that are coming out look nice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement