Need help with 3ds format

Started by
3 comments, last by Matthiew 23 years, 6 months ago
Hi boys, i''m writing a 3ds binary file reader but i have a question. How 3ds file store more object? My program load one obj but i don''t known how to load more. I want to known which is the chunk that contains this info. See you, Matthiew
Advertisement
If memory serves me well the chunk ID for the object block is 0x4000.Every time a chunk with this ID is found another object is being defined which you can imported like the first object.For some good code on loading 3ds files check out www.wotsit.org.One of the specs has code accompanying it which should help you quite a lot.

-=Jimmy=-
-=Jimmy=-
Hi, I work on a project that load 3ds files too, and like you I''ve started to code my own file loader, but I''ve found somewhere on a forum (maybe here) a link on Autodesk 3ds file toolkit.
It''s very powerfull, and quite easy to use, despite the poor quality of the samples. I use it and in 2 nights of coding, I can now load materials with textures and any level of embeded objects

I don''t remember the link, but you can find it on Autodesk ftp site. If you''re interested and you don''t find the link email me, I''ll send it to you by mail.

My Web Page
ftp://ftp.autodesk.com/pub/Kinetix/3dsmax/sdk/3dsftk3.zip

Thanks GKW

Edited by - BitMaster on October 5, 2000 5:08:22 PM
Thank you very much for reply me.

See you Matthiew

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement