Can I make Windows ignore other applications than my own?

Started by
4 comments, last by Dim_Yimma_H 19 years, 6 months ago
Hello I'm writing a fullscreen DirectDraw application and has set the cooperative level of my window to exclusive. The problem is it's still possible to move and resize windows behind my app and "accidently" press the close button of a window even though you can't see it. Is it possible for me (my app) to access the messages of other windows and remove them? Or do you think I have missed any setting that REALLY makes my application the one with exclusive priority. \Jimmy H
Advertisement
Dont think so.

Once in full screen there is no chance of closing windows behind it by clicking with the mouse.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
[AirBash.com]
1) Never screw with anything else than your own application.
2) Never say 'remove' before or after 'window messages', this is like screwing with Windows itself.

As for your problem, you should make your window a border&caption-less window, aka a fullscreen-window.
Try windowed mode and play around with the Z-order a bit. That might solve the issue?

But this problem is a bit wierd. Normally this kind of thing does not happen while in full screen. How is this so? Do you actually see the windows behind?
-----------------Live for the LordRide for the Lordwww.sturmnacht.de.vu
(thanks for the tips Pipo DeClown, I'll think about it :))

Nope, I can't see the windows behind but I can see the mouse pointer and it changes to the double-arrow when hovering over the expected window border and changes to the move-cross if I click and drag where there happens to be a window list. And it is possible to close windows even though I can't see them.

If my window is on top and is border- and caption-less can I still move it or right-click the list? If not then maybe the problem is solved. I'll try that, thanks.

\Jimmy H
I tried to create a border- and caption-less window before setting up the fullscreen mode and it worked perfectly. It didn't answer to any mouse-related messages and covered up the whole screen and wasn't moveable. Thanks again!

\Jimmy H

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement