• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
fguihen

create model in 3d studioMax and import into c# or code the model directly??

This topic is 5467 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

would i be better off creating a model of a man (skelital animation) in 3d studio max and importing it into c#/directX program, or just create the skeliton in the c# code?where can i find a tutorial to show me how to import a file from 3d studio max into my c# application?

Advertisement
Generally you want to write a program to read the model file (3DS or MAX, for example), as it's a much better way of doing things. You can export it to a C# file, but it's not worth the time and effort.

can you expand a little on that please. where do you get info on this ? im having a very hard time finding info on using c sharp and 3d studio max together. im also having a lot of trouble finding examples of skelietal or key frame animation in the c sharp language

loading models in c# isnt different from c or c++ or java... whatever.
so dont search for c#, just for model loading.

Guest Anonymous Poster
You have a ascii exporter in 3dsmax just export to a textfile and you can then read the information you need. This textfile is nicely organized just open it up and you will see. I guess there are alot of articles how to read a textfile in C#, look at Codeguru or Codeproject.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!