create model in 3d studioMax and import into c# or code the model directly??

Started by
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 6 months ago
would i be better off creating a model of a man (skelital animation) in 3d studio max and importing it into c#/directX program, or just create the skeliton in the c# code?where can i find a tutorial to show me how to import a file from 3d studio max into my c# application?
I currently only use c# and directX9, in case its relivant and i didnt mention it in the post
Advertisement
Generally you want to write a program to read the model file (3DS or MAX, for example), as it's a much better way of doing things. You can export it to a C# file, but it's not worth the time and effort.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
can you expand a little on that please. where do you get info on this ? im having a very hard time finding info on using c sharp and 3d studio max together. im also having a lot of trouble finding examples of skelietal or key frame animation in the c sharp language
I currently only use c# and directX9, in case its relivant and i didnt mention it in the post
loading models in c# isnt different from c or c++ or java... whatever.
so dont search for c#, just for model loading.
You have a ascii exporter in 3dsmax just export to a textfile and you can then read the information you need. This textfile is nicely organized just open it up and you will see. I guess there are alot of articles how to read a textfile in C#, look at Codeguru or Codeproject.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement