• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
neon_prannock

Game editor

This topic is 5402 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to get a good game editor that can make good strategy games, but I haven't found hone yet. I'd prefer one simple to start working but with many adavnced options to progress. Anyone have I idea of game editor like that? Please answer...

Advertisement
There's nothing like game editor.

Game is not a file format to have an editor for.

Oxyd

I'm quite sure something like that exists somewhere on google, but I think, you've already seen the best ones ("I haven't found hone yet")

You can't create a strategy game within a week using some "creator" (well - you can - but as I saw the output of all those game makers, I'd say it would be total crap). Especially not a strategy game - those are very hard to do.

Either do very simple games using gamemakers, or learn programming...

Oxyd

You should probably learn C++, it is the most widely used programming language at the moment, both in the game industry and in the software industry.

i dont think a stratagy game would actually that hard to write as long as you have a map and sprite engine the rest of the calculations are pretty simple (this is of corse assuming this is a turn based and tile based stratagy) and if you want to go for the easyest way make it only 2 player because AI requires alot of work for a stratagy game but that is just the "bare bones" of a stratagy game if you want an item inventory AI and real time stratagy with non tile based rendering your going to be at it for a while

just my $.02

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!