• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Sander

[web] MIME e-mail validator?

This topic is 5460 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

After yet another 6-hour session of fighting MIME and various webmailers and e-mail programs about who's right and who's wrong I decided check here. I'm working on a PHP e-mailer class with attachments, SMTP capability, text/html alternative and more. Does anyone know if there is a MIME validator along the lines of W3C's (x)html validators where I can just copy/paste my e-mail's sourcecode and see if it all checks out? Thanks in advance

Advertisement
A quick Google threw this one up, not sure if its what you're looking for though...

Quote:
What does Message Lint check for?

* Syntax errors in headers, including RFC 822 headers, MIME headers, Delivery Status Notification headers (RFC 1891), Message Disposition Notification headers (RFC 2298) and several other standards-track header fields.
* Use of RFC 822 comments or whitespace in places likely to cause problems.
* Other RFC 822 syntax which is obsolete, deprecated or likely to cause problems.
* Use of non-standard header fields.
* Use of restricted-use header fields (e.g. RFC 2156 headers).
* Use of unregistered tokens in header fields.
* Invalid domain name or MIME-boundary characters
* Duplicate Headers
* Mandatory Headers
* Inconsistant use of content-transfer-encoding, charsets and body text with respect to 8-bit characters.
* Incorrect use of quoted-printable, including warnings for unnecessary use and line-length restrictions.
* Incorrect use of base64, including line-length restrictions.
* Validates Content-MD5 header values (RFC 1864)
* Unfamiliar character set names
* Verifies text parts only use legal characters if the character set is us-ascii, ISO-8859-*, or UTF-8.
* Header or text/plain lines which are too long
* Missing end boundaries on multipart objects
* Misspellings of application/octet-stream
* Mismatch between multipart/report "report-type" param and inner report type.
* Some news header support (RFC 1036)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!