Where does Devcpp send the exe when you compile it?

Started by
8 comments, last by Add 19 years, 6 months ago
Where does Devcpp send the .exe when you compile it?
Sure i will write my signature, just gimme a piece of paper
Advertisement
It goes to the directory your project is in.
The default is in your dev c++ directory.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
The default is C:\Dev-Cpp\ but it all depends on where you installed it.
OH, it didnt compile (i dont think) it says on the compiler tab
" Fatal C:\Dev-Cpp\Fatal 'all-before' does not exist - don't know how to make it "

What does that mean?
im just testing it out and this is my code'
#include <iostream.h>

int main(){
cout <<" Hello People!";
return 0;
}

theres nothing wrong with it, and if your gonna tell me to use
using namespace std dont because i dont want to, unless that will fix it.
I think i have to change some setting but i dont know which?
There is a bug in DevC++ that will sometimes put your stuff in the template library, or under your root folder. Try checking those.
ok, you need to either add "using namespace std" or use the std::cout qualifier. also you need a system("pause") at the end with Dev C++ so that you can see the output. other than that your code works fine.

and btw: you seem to have a habit of doing newb things that are frowned upon. one of these is creating multiple accounts, Dustman. you seemed to have cleaned things up, but you should really work on problem solving yourself and post as a last resort. it helps the message boards not get so cluttered and teaches you how to do research, which is one of the most important skills as a programmer.
As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is - I collect your f***ing head.
is it possible that this fragment:

"C:\Dev-Cpp\Fatal "

is the first part of your project path? If so, try putting the whole project in a directory without spaces in the name. Dev-C++ seems to choke on filenames with spaces.
You should possibly consider using the newer method of including libraries...eg.
--> #include <iostream>
and when calling cout, you guessed it it's part of namespace std, without
--> using namespace std;
you could instead call cout like
--> std:cout

i've had a few problems compiling with dev-c++, starting again works really really well for fixing problems :-)

Good luck with your other problem,
Add.
"The FFT - an algorithm the whole family can use" ... and for my next joke...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement