• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nickwinters

Trying to find a terrain generator

This topic is 5398 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

A little over a month ago, I found a terrain generator, which let you click on a point, move it, add textures, etc. It had a free trial, and then costed $30. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks. -Nick

Advertisement
a long shot but could it be this

haven't used it myself just somehow magically remember something like u describe :D

Hope that helped (was it, if not then a better description maybe)

wow thats a b-e-a utiful rendering engine it really brings out the sky and the textures and mountains are very smooth i might consider getting it when i am at that point (right now i dont really even know how you would use all of that stuff as a manipulatable data file (or if you would need to )[lol]) any way wasnt help but thought id comment

The editor exports the terrain to a heightmap file of .BMP, (8bit, 16bit, 32bit) RAW formats...

Everything else in the scene can be exported to either a custom ASCII format or XML format. The XML format is very easy to understand and read, but so is the ASCII format. Things being exported include: sky geometry, terrain geometry and/or basic information, terrain layers data (includes actual bitmap data as well as blending, ect...), environment settings (fog, lighting), mesh data (position, rotation, scale in world and local space), entity information (spawn points, ect...) and some other stuff.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!