• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ballack

how to write direct x progs using visual c++

This topic is 5462 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, i am new to game pragramming and want to learn directx. i have downloaded few tutorials on directx,and downloaded SDK can anyone tell me how to write directx and opengl programs using visual c++. what header files must i include?

Advertisement
For DirectX, launch the SDK documentation/help, click the cathegory Introducing DirectX\Using the DirectX SDK\Programming DirectX with C/C++\Compiling DirectX Samples and Other DirectX Applications. That will help you setting up the include files directories and link to the DirectX libraries. Which headers to include and which libraries to link to depends on which part of DirectX you're going to use. For example if you're using DirectDraw include ddraw.h and link to ddraw.lib. They say dxguid.lib should be linked to in all DirectX applications but it ain't always neccesary.

For the coding the DirectX Graphics\Programming Guide\Tutorials, Samples cathegory might be useful.

\Jimmy H

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!