Plugin Development: Motion Capture in 3ds max 4.2

Started by
0 comments, last by DirectXXX 19 years, 6 months ago
Hi everyone, This is my first post in this forum but I have been looking around the site and I can see there are a lot of very talented people here. I was wondering if you would be able to help me. I am in final year of a Computing Science degree and I have chosen a project whereby I have to create a plugin for 3ds max 4.2 (using the SDK) coded in C++. I have found a few tutorials on how to set up the environment for plugin development but nothing on the type of plugin I am creating, namely Motion Capture. Let me describe how it will work: I will be using a points-based system where I will be creating a model in 3ds max made of bones. Each bone will have co-ordinates in space that will move over time to show animation, this test data will be created by myself, my plugin will use this external information to modify the bones throughout the sequence. I understand this to mean I will need control over both the bone and timeline positions. If anyone has any thoughts on this, even if its only to say this project is way too complex for a student (with examples why of course). Or maybe if you know of a good book for plugin development with C++. Really any feedback is good feedback. My project has the flexibility to be either a Research project with a prototype (bit of development). Or a development project with a bit of research. Thanks for taking the time to read. S Reid.
Advertisement
Whats that doint in general forum. I think the best place for this is discreet's official plugin development forums.
3D Side-Scroller game demo Project-X2 "playable"Lashkar: A 3D Game & Simulation Project demo @ lashkar.berlios.de

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement