3d agent guy, low poly

Started by
6 comments, last by mustra 19 years, 6 months ago
its really low poly 600 polys, but i think it sucks ! im kind off a noob at modelling (this most be my 6/7th finished model) what do u think ? [image]http://mustra.home.sapo.pt/suck2.jpg[/image] i use no reference pics, i just invented it from my head (maybe thats why it sucks :P critics plz !
Advertisement
Looks pretty good from where I'm standing ;]

(but yeah reference pics always help)
_______________________________ ________ _____ ___ __ _`By offloading cognitive load to the computer, programmers are able to design more elegant systems' - Unununium OS regarding Python

So we don't have to copy paste, since I think you were trying to post it. Just so you know, you just put in < img src="URL"> (without the space before the img).
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
I like it :D I tried to make a low polygon male for my game and it looked alot worse ;) Just fix those shoulders a bit :) And its really good in my opinon.Although i dont know much bout modelling.

xIshtarx
I will say, the arms don't appear to be attached. I don't know what program you're using, so I can't help you with specifics... But if you've got a bone structure, then you should be able to connect the 'skin' without any animation issues (well, without really major ones, anyways).

There are a ton of modeling and animation tutorials, and a bunch focus on low-poly models. Try this thread on tutorials/downloads for some good places to look. Quite honestly, a good place to start is with other people's models (really good ones). You can look around places like polycount for some good models in the same format and see how they're done.

Anyways, for low-poly it's really pretty good. Let us know how it goes, and post any animations or anything else you make.

edit. fixed linkage

[Edited by - Avatar God on October 6, 2004 12:08:03 PM]
thanks guys, ye youre right with a bone structure i "sticked" is arms to the sholders so there is no glitch anymore, well for texturing i didnt wanted to invest much time on him so i did a really lousy uv display map, anyway i did a walking animation, ill just make a ugly texture and then ill upload the .ms3d and texture for anywone who wonts the animated model, its good for testing purposes has its a running animation :P

lol, it kind sucks, i really need to get ultimate unwrap3d for my uv's, i suck at uvw maps, i just dont have the patience ! :P
Yeah, i know what you mean. I can never get the dumb stuff to work right when I want it to.
just got a new model in the forge, check new thread

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement