Give Me Ideas Please

Started by
13 comments, last by superpig 19 years, 6 months ago
Well, I'm kinda sitting around with no ideas on a game to make. I think alot of people around here have some good ideas so I was wondering if you could give me some. I don't care what genre there in (alright no MMORPG). They don't need to be simple or advanced just what ever comes out. Note: I'm just asking for ideas. I'll probably end up changing a fair bit of them so don't expect any returns or anything like that.
Advertisement
A magical llama who comes in the night to dive-bomb small dogs and read Satre to lonely children.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Armored-Core style game for PC. Or a Descent-like game that doesn't suck.
-- Single player is masturbation.
Multi-Player Co-op Sidescrolling Spaceshooter (R-Type, Gradius-like)

Make it support 1-4 players!
Well, there's an old multiplayer side-view concept I abandoned that was quite fun - think about Joust with guns. up/down = aim up/down, left/right = move left/right, and a button for lift. We had pretty good modular ships before we abandoned it.
A futuristic war set on a gigantic wedge of cheese in space.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote:Or a Descent-like game that doesn't suck.

How dare you sh*t on DESCENT. I damn you to hell you whippersnapper!!!
Descent, the original was a fun game that was groundbreaking for its time and a good match for Doom and its compatriots.

D2 added very little but good music - the guide made the levels worse, not better. D3 made an epic single player game while the multiplayer still was pretty weak, and the SP just felt like playing Forsaken again (I can't rotate fast enough to shoot anything!).

I want someone to do for descent what UT does for Doom.
A lot of ideas were posted in this thread some days (weeks?) ago. I'm sure you can grab some of them! ;) I will quote myself:
Quote:Original post by theNestruo in the other thread
- A mixture of sokoban with chess. The chess pieces can be the bad guys or can help you (or maybe both, using both black and white pieces). The needn't to be chess pieces at all, but different entities with different behaviours. I always get this idea when playing "Adventures of Lolo" or similar games.
- Snake... with pipes (once you enter, you have to go all the way out), with underground (moles, rabbits, hidden rocks, pipes that won't let you pass...), with trees (trees that you can climb)...
- Rotation tetris (the gravity goes down, then right, then up, then left, then down again) or any similar variation.
- The miner game. Think of Dig-dug, but you can only see around you, and where you have posted torchs (can be funny to see just "cartoon eyes" when the enemies goes into the dark). Doesn't need to be a mine, it can also be the interior of a Pyramid, or something similar. You need to reach the treasure, the key, the door... You can include flood (water level is going up), so some parts of the screen will be unaccessible soon.
- Arcade bridge building game. A plataformer (Mario style, by example), where there's a train that goes slower than you, but in the same direction. Apart of the classical problems of that kind of games (maily the enemies), you have to find bridge parts and put them in the holes to avoid the train crashing. The game can also include tunnels (tunnels YOU have to dig, of course), detours, classic western way of attacking trains (i.e.: woods in the middle of the way), etc...

Of course, all of those ideas need to be elaborated (a lot). I was trying to be generic enough to let you add or remove features to fit your requierements.
theNestruoSyntax error in 2410Ok
A game facilitating mystical wood nymph ceremonies while staving off the evil ravages of Man.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement