aight.. last question here about resizing win32 dialog items

Started by
2 comments, last by Evil Steve 19 years, 6 months ago
The edit box in the dialog remains the same size when I max the dialog's window. So I'm figuring I'd use WM_SIZE to set the new width/height of the edit's ID: IDC_MAINEDIT. Now is there some function like ResizeDialogItem(IDC_MAINEDIT, width, height)?
Advertisement
u can use GetDlgItem to get the window handle for the edit box...then use MoveWindow()...
--------------------Ad Astra Per Aspera--------------------
		case WM_SIZE:			{				hEditSize = GetDlgItem(IDD_WORDPROC, IDC_MAINEDIT);				MoveWindow(hEditSize, 0, 0, 100, 100, TRUE);							}			break;

error C2664: 'GetDlgItem' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const int' to 'struct HWND__ *'
Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
Quote:Original post by philvaira
*** Source Snippet Removed ***

error C2664: 'GetDlgItem' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const int' to 'struct HWND__ *'
Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

hEditSize = GetDlgItem(IDD_WORDPROC, IDC_MAINEDIT);
Should be:
hEditSize = GetDlgItem(hWnd, IDC_MAINEDIT); (I.e. use the hWnd passed to your dialog proc. It might be called hDlg, depends on your code)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement