• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
q2guy

Max Payne 2 GI system

This topic is 5383 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am interested in Global Illumination system of Max payne 2, that is used to generate the lightmaps when you edit a level. If anyone have information, tutorials ... of this topic, specially if it uses the same way as max payne 2, please post it, thanx!

Advertisement
I believe that max payne 2 uses a simple radiosity to compute lightmaps, later it calcules radiosity soft shadow maps, but I dont know how to do it :)

You might have better luck searching for "radiosity, lightmaps, open source, etc" than just focusing on max payne. A lot of games use radiosity calculations in their lightmaps!

ydnar has created a wonderful compiler and lightmapper for quake 3-based games and comes with radiosity, GI and area shadows. You might find more info from his page and compiler (q3map2) here.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!