Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Little of topic...

This topic is 6282 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for some good starting tutorials on windows programming....I'm looking to make some apps for my game, so I want to know how to get started by displaying basic menu bars and property windows and such inside a win32 program... Any help? - Derek www.effigyonline.com Edited by - klubbkid on 10/5/00 2:27:19 PM

If you''re looking to write utilities for your game, non-graphic or with light graphics, just use VB.

I almost hate to admit this, but I used to be one of those TERRIBLE mean C++ guys who laughed at people who used VB and called themselves programmers. But in my old age (early 20''s) *grin*... I''ve started using VB ALOT for user interface junk. The development time with it vs. C++ more than makes up for a little runtime speed drop.

And I didn''t even have to buy a book to figure it out. Granted, there are people out there who could pick large holes in my VB code, but it''s enough to get the job done. Any sort of logic more dificult than 2+2 or string manipulation goes into a COM object. Easy as pie.