• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Bolt

Firewall: Your Computer's First Defense - Indie RTS Game

This topic is 5403 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Firewall is an RTS that I have been independently developing for the past year and a half. It is almost complete, but is still in the beta testing stages. I am looking for all the feedback and exposure I can get before I get it published, so I thought this would be a good place to show it. You can visit my website here: http://www.freewebs.com/boltsoftware In the game, you have to keep your memory safe from the viruses spreading on your computer. There are three types of robots: Posters, Hackers, and Wreckers. Posters build posts which capture territory, Hackers destroy the enemies' posts, and Wreckers destroy other robots. There are also drones and bases, which are explained in the manual. In the demo there are 10 robots unlocked, and you can play against up to 3 viruses on many different chipsets. The full version has 21 robots, up to 7 viruses at once, and a 26 mission campaign. I hope to get it published soon...I am in college and flat broke. Here are some screenshots of my game: Download the demo and give me feedback on it if you can. Thanks. [Edited by - Bolt on November 15, 2004 9:09:01 PM]

Advertisement
HTML is good for you.

EDIT: no need for me to do it if you've got it down!

Looks nice, plenty of eyecandies. Downloading now, so can't comment on gameplay yet...
[lol]

Wow, you guys sure reply fast. Thanks for the help...you can remove those screenshots now...I got them working...

2 q's - is there multiplayer?
- why not look into Cheapass Games for a distributor? Your game looks fun and simple and that's what they look for in the games they sell.

Sorry, but there is no multiplayer. I began programming it in DB Classic, where multiplayer is not really possible. Then I purchased DB Pro, but was unable to convert it. I am finishing this one without multiplayer, but am planning a sequel which will have multiplayer.

Thanks, but I have a couple publishers that are awaiting the release, which is currently under beta testing.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!