• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Eriond

IDE with codecompletion as good as vc 7.1?

This topic is 5400 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have not found one which has code completion nearly as good as intellisense is in vs 7.1 (it's even better with Visual Assist), but I really hope there is one. This is just out of curiosity so platform does not matter. Edit: I'm particulary interested in xcode on mac, but I don't have a mac so I can't test it :) [Edited by - Eriond on October 5, 2004 4:25:06 PM]

Advertisement
If you think intellisense is any good (which I don't btw) then try Visual Assist from Whole Tomato Software. Once you try it you will never go back ;-)

www.wholetomato.com

The intellisense in MSVC 7.1 is about as good as visual assist was for MSVC6.

The intellisense feature of MSVC is probably the most notable feature of the IDE. Borland C++ Builder should be decent and Dev C++'s is so-so. Another option is Eclipse with the CDT plugin.

When I have tried Dev-C++ 4.9.9.0 the code completion has not worked for nearly anything, so from my experience I'd say the code completion in Dev-C++ sucks :) I have not tried Eclipse though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!