[.net] Problem with Visual Studio 2005 beta

Started by
5 comments, last by TheBluMage 19 years, 6 months ago
I'm thrilled that Microsoft's finally releasing free IDE's for all the .NET languages. But a problem comes up when I try to install any one of them. A little ways through the installation I get a message saying, "A problem has been encountered while loading the setup components. Canceling setup." I've installed the dependancies listed on the site but the problem persists. Anybody else have this problem and/or know how to fix it?
Advertisement
Hrm, the beta may be free, however the released products probably will not be. Chances are the express editions will be around $50, however that is not a certainty.

As for your problem, nope, haven't encountered it, however I think others have.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

I had a simular problem installing them in the beggining but found out that it was a permissions problem on the user account.

Need to make sure that the user had admin rights, or at least permission to wright to the registery and system folders (Windows, and Program Files)...
Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.
Already in an administrator account, so no go. :( Any other ideas?
Nobody? :(
Hope I'm not stating the obvious, but just to be safe: have you read through the Express Readme? http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/readme/

I hope that fixes things up for you. I know how much it stinks to see a cool new product come out, and then not have it function for you. :/
Quote:Original post by HopeDagger
I hope that fixes things up for you. I know how much it stinks to see a cool new product come out, and then not have it function for you. :/

Thanks for the empathy. :) Sigh... nothing yet. On a side note, does anyone know where I can get a more complete set of header files for the Visual C++ 2003 Toolkit? It didn't even come with windows.h, so I'm guessing Microsoft must have a separate place to download them from.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement