• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EvLer

alaknam???

This topic is 5465 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have never programmed games before, until it turned out to be a class project. The name is alaknam, I could not find a single thing about it anywhere. But it is sort of similar to the tic-tac-toe in that it uses minimax. Thing I am not sure about is how to develop a game tree: is it developed for every single possible move on the board for each player? It just seems like complexity would be sky-high! I know there is pruning involved but it seems to be confusing how to pull it all together. [Edited by - EvLer on October 5, 2004 11:01:51 PM]

Advertisement
Grammar Nazi Ninja Squad, CHARGE!!!!

Your post brought tears to my eye, man.. It's painful to read.

At least here's some info on minimax.
I couldn't find alaknam.. Are you sure that's the correct name?

Appreciate your replies.
That is exactly it! Mankala! I suspected that our professor deliberately changed the name around.
Thanks a lot 'drowner'!
I will think about it on my own and "come back" with more specific quesitons.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!