Fitting Iso Tiles in 3d Max

Started by
2 comments, last by SlowburnGEL 23 years, 6 months ago
How do i draw isometric tiles in 3d max and let them fit into each other perfectly. Remember i am new to 3d max.
Advertisement
Clarify something for me...

Are you asking how to set up the tiles, or are you asking how to set up your camera so that they render correctly?

What''s your target project? 2D? 3D?
-----------------------------Mice are an excellent source of mice.
Looking over your previous post it seems like this is a question of creating a 3D image that renders into a tileable 2D image right?

I would pick a camera angle and freeze it, using it for all your tile rendering. Next set up your tile so the geometry is roughly tileable. I would then detach faces from the left side and weld them onto the right side, detach faces from the bottom and weld them to the top, etc. After that if you do any further tweaking make sure you don''t mess with the far edges so you don''t interupt your continuity.

Of course this doesn''t take all the guess work out of it. You''re going to have to do some renders of each tile, see where you have a problem, and of course touch it up a bit in another program. 3D Studio Max is a great way to create a raw base for 2D art, but it usually can''t be the total solution.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------
Mice are an excellent source of mice.
-----------------------------Mice are an excellent source of mice.
I have setup every thing in 3d s max but every time i grab a tile the sides do not fit, it is not this
oooo
oo oo
oo oo
oo oo
oooo
the tiles are all ok if you make the texture and image big, but if you resize the captured image or swrink the model the sides are totaly screwed up. Can anyone help?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement