Mongolian War...

Started by
19 comments, last by orionx103 19 years, 6 months ago
I know you all hate my idea now but think about it... if you saw a game called Mongolian War selling in stores near you for 5 dollars wouldn't you just HAVE to get it? Me and two friends would and we don't need you (unless you want to help). I'm a modeler that's extremely bored with all these lame concepts for a game like "Space Ship Heroes" atleast this way we are taking a lame concept and making it actually enjoyable and "people with a sense of humor friendly". Production will start within a month. Ask me about the game if you want but I doubt any of you will because you all think I won't go through with this or this game will suck.>:| I have news for you "peeps", this game will make you cry out "All hail Mongolian War!" Feel ashamed, feel very ashamed.
Advertisement
This is basically a recruitment post, so it belongs in Help Wanted. It has been so moved.
Do you have any sort of design document or a website one could visit or anything like that?
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
This is basically a recruitment post, so it belongs in Help Wanted. It has been so moved.

It's not really a recruitment post. It's more of an attempt at making an announcement.
Murder, Rape and Pillage...

Sounds like a great game.

Does anything substantial exist of it yet besides 'ideas'???

Details are usually more convincing.

Quote:Original post by WaterMelon34
I know you all hate my idea now but think about it... if you saw a game called Mongolian War selling in stores near you for 5 dollars wouldn't you just HAVE to get it?

No, thats absurd.

Me and two friends would and we don't need you (unless you want to help).

What a great attitude. Perhaps you should adjust it if you actually want to get some help.

I'm a modeler that's extremely bored with all these lame concepts for a game like "Space Ship Heroes" atleast this way we are taking a lame concept and making it actually enjoyable and "people with a sense of humor friendly".

From what I can see you've got a half-baked idea at best (more like a quater-baked I would wager).
Where is the design document?

If you had one, at least you then could have a properly presented lame idea.

Production will start within a month.

Right after you save up enough money to buy "Learn C++ in 21 days" right? You don't even have a design document and you are already pre-planning production dates?

Ask me about the game if you want but I doubt any of you will because you all think I won't go through with this or this game will suck.>:|

Ah, so it's still in your mind? I re-iterate show,us,a,design,document.

I have news for you "peeps", this game will make you cry out "All hail Mongolian War!"

I have some news for you, all you have succeeded in doing with this post is to flare my anger enough to reply, to make sure that you understand that game development, takes hard work, and to the casual observer you have put hard working indie developers to shame.
Watch others,get a clue, come back, present yourself properly, and I will be the first to encourage you to succeed.

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

hmm this sounds alot like Daikatana
"suck it down" as the add so nicely said, along with "John Romero is about to make you his bitch"

We all know where that game went...

The right attitude is more important than some people (like John Romero) think. And having a solid Game Design Document is really really important, although it will change during the development.

Either way, good luck with your game!
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
First of all I had a design doc last year but I reformatted since then.

Second of all I am in no way the programmer, like I said I'm THE MODELER.

Third of all, my friend knows C++ quite well and my other friend is good at concept ideas.

Fourth of all, why the HELL would I BUY "Learn C++ in 21 days"?

And lastly, I come on with this attitude because everyone who replied to my idea about a year ago said I was a moron (don't even think about it).

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!! hahsahdskl blah
If that post doesn't scream "inspiring leader", I don't know what would..
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
ROFL !! :D

Quote:And lastly, I come on with this attitude because everyone who replied to my idea about a year ago said I was a moron (don't even think about it).

well,your current post certainly doesnt fix anything

Quote:Me and two friends would and we don't need you

then why post here ?

Quote:Production will start within a month

if production will start within a month, then why are you here now and not a month later ?

Quote:First of all I had a design doc last year but I reformatted since then.

so, if you wrote the 1st document then you must know it and writing a second one should be easy

Quote:This is basically a recruitment post, so it belongs in Help Wanted. It has been so moved.

i dont think this was an attempt to recruit anybody, doesnt seem like it anyways.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement