• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
xor

Meqon(Duke Nukem Forever's physics engine) at it's best!

This topic is 5401 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
I saw nothing wierd, but it sure is fun taking the characters in the character demo's and throwing them around. That just made my day. Seems like a good system, I need to play with it a little
more.

Dominque Douglas
Miracle Man Studios
www.miraclemanstudios.com

I don't have a screenshot handy, but in the demo with the bowl and spheres, if you hit F8 (slow motion) and pull the bowl away before the balls have a chance to drop, they all stack vertically.

Quote:
Original post by caffeineaddict
I don't have a screenshot handy, but in the demo with the bowl and spheres, if you hit F8 (slow motion) and pull the bowl away before the balls have a chance to drop, they all stack vertically.

Well that should happen in an ideal situation - no air drag, perfrectly round spheres and a perfectly flat plane. Sure it's not realisitic because it doesn't happen in everyday life but it's physically accurate.

Quote:
Original post by Ilici
Quote:
Original post by caffeineaddict

Well that should happen in an ideal situation - no air drag, perfrectly round spheres and a perfectly flat plane. Sure it's not realisitic because it doesn't happen in everyday life but it's physically accurate.

Ah, very true, didn't think about it like that. I of course wasn't thinking about the demo as having ideal circumstances, it just caught me off guard when all the balls stacked on themselves ;).

Traditional physics engines have problems with friction and stacking and have to cheat. From what I researched NGD is very good physics engine, extremely stable, not the fastest one but fast enough. And the upcoming release will bring tons of new features.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!