Uninstalling DirectX 9.0b SDK

Started by
4 comments, last by Samurai Jack 19 years, 6 months ago
Hi All, Basically I am trying to uninstall the DirectX 9.0b SDK in order to upgrade to 9.0c (I hear that a complete uninstall is essential) Anyway the uninstall gets to about the halfway point when I get the following message "Internal Error 2343" followed by another message saying that the Uninstall was unsuccessfull and that my system is unchanged. I really need to complete this upgrade ASAP so any help is appreciated. Thanks for any help, Ben
Advertisement
Just say: "Crap Windows!" And manually delete all the files, and install.

I know this is not the best manner, but you won't be able to fix the uninstall errors. (At least I haven't been able to fix any of them)
I am more than happy to delete the files manually, the only thing I am worried about is being sure that I have deleted all of them. I know that there are meant to be issues with installer newer versions of the SDK over an old one and as such am uneasy about doing it manually, for example I never seam to be able to get rid of the software being listed in the Add/Remove section. Any advice on how to manually delete it properly?

Thanks again.
If you fail to uninstall the 9.0b SDK, instead of reinstalling windows, try installing 9.0c directly. It's not supported by MS (i.e. not guaranteed to work), and has blown up for a couple of people, but it worked fine for me.

And (to further what was just posted), after installing 9.0c, if you have a problem, then just uninstall 9.0c which should work (new uninstaller).
I WISH SOMEONE WOULD FIX THE DAMNED LOGIN!
I once had the same problem with DX 9.0b and other DirectX SDKs refused to install. I had to go to the Registry editor and removed anything sounded 9.0b, directx sdk or summer update.

After I removed every single entry, I was able to reinstal the SDK.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement