• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mythar

3D Engine test, all welcome :)

This topic is 5462 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello All :) As you probly know, i have been working on a GUI for DX9, this is the result of the work. (project is currently using the DX7 version, as the 3D Engine has not been upgraded yet) I have finaly released the first version of my 3D Engine, and would be happy if you guys would help test it :) The project is called, ParagonOnline and is free. Im not a professional programmer, but only doing this as a hobby :) You can find out more about the project on my site : ParagonOnline PS. Please post here, as my own BB is down.

Advertisement
I got a critial exception in patch.exe when I ran it.

EDIT:
Win 2000
AthlonXP 2200
256meg ram
GForceFX 5200

But it didn't really get to do any rendering so that mighn't be of any use.

It might be a WIN 2000 bug, project was devoloped for WinXP.
You need to have at least DirectX81 installed, as the network uses DX81, but the GFX uses DX7

It should work with DX9c installed.

You could try and run the patch.exe file directly, insted of using the desktop icon.

"Exception EAccessViolation in module patch.exe at 0001411E.
Access violation at address 00462159 in module 'patch.exe'. Read of address 00000000."

Next dialog box:
"Exception EWin32Error in module patch.exe at 0000BBF0.
Win32 Error. Code: 5.
Access is denied."

Looks like maybe a variable wasn't initialized before use.

I just uploaded the lasted version of patch.exe

You can try and download it here :

patch.exe

Simply download it, and copy it to the "/bin" folder

PS. Alex Swinney, what system are you using ?

gforce4mx
512 ram
amd athlon xp 2600 1.9 gig
windows xp

Runs fine for me. Though I think you should change the buttons from that bright white to something else. It made my eyes sore.

Radeon 9200
AMD Duron 800 mHz (i'm low end [razz])
448 MB RAM
WIN ME

I can't figure out how to move around. I can look around, but not move. Am I missing something here (ie, is it not playable yet [depressed])

[lol] Looks real nice though. Love the animated sky!

Hmm... seems like I'm experienceing message lag or something of the sort. Oops.. just closed the message window.. well, it should come back eventually!

I didn't like being able to reroll my stats infinite times when I created the account. That was kind of ..interesting. I like it more when you can distribute stats from a pool (ala Champions of Norrath, Dungeon Siege), or at least only allow 1 roll, and base the stats off the class.

And I get a "out-of-bounds list" error when I click a blank spot on the race list. Doesn't crash - just pops up an error message (but then again I'm running windowed mode - fullscreen might be meaner)

Overall, Good job! I'll try to look around later when I have some more free time!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!