Elven model

Started by
6 comments, last by mustra 19 years, 6 months ago
some guy wanted an elf model, i think he chosed one that suck more then mine, anyway, i just wonted to practise, its wip, ill post more progress stuff soon , keep feed backing guys , iym ps: its an elf in a dark tight suit, with sholder pads :P
Advertisement
update on head, critiques guys !

[Edited by - mustra on October 6, 2004 6:01:08 PM]
just some small compose, still many stuff to be done/redone

Have you tried consulting an anatomy book? For example, the eyes and nose should go farther down on the face, and his stance is a bit bowlegged. And for an elf specifically woudn't you want to go with a more slender build?

Here's my impression of an elf in case you're curious.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

about time !! thanks sundashowdon, you helped me with your critiques, i sew new modelling stuff i have to do and redo, tx :) ,
but unfortunatly, why does no one else reviews my model ?? :(
its so hard to get feedback anyware these days ! say something, even if its bad ! just critique in constructive matters !
Mustra - watching your posts, I think you're improving a good deal with each new attempt.

One skill you can work on is making your mesh "manifold". In short, that means the mesh is one continuous surface. That's easy to accomplish by selecting and "welding" vertices. You wouldn't want a leaky manifold on a car and you wouldn't want a leaky manifold on a model. It will have obvious visual impact on everything from smoothing to animation to texture unwrapping.

Next, I'd consider some of the fine tutorials available. They're remarkably quick and effective in the skill-building stage. You may be surprised at what can be accomplished when you "stand on the shoulders of giants", learning from their mistakes and experience. Here's a couple of examples from very skilled artists:
Ben Mathis
Michel Roger

Once you've completed a tutorial, begin again, armed with new skills, and with your own creativity and style. We only need so many Joan of Arc's around, and are always eager to see what the next "Mustra" by applying his own original thoughts to time-tested processes and techniques described there.
thans for hte good review hundel ! nice tuturials too !

some progress on the face

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement