• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
trece_ese

DirectShow error lnk2001

This topic is 5403 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently downloaded directx 9.0 and I want to compile some of the code in the directshow folder....with no success. Direct3d code compiles ok but nothing in the directshow folder seems to compile out of the box. I am running Windows XP and my error messages are: Linking... LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "_sprintf" imported DShowTextures.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual unsigned long __stdcall CBaseFilter::NonDelegatingRelease(void)" (?NonDelegatingRelease@CBaseFilter@@UAGKXZ) DShowTextures.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall DbgAssert(unsigned short const *,unsigned short const *,int)" (?DbgAssert@@YGXPBG0H@Z) DShowTextures.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CBaseVideoRenderer::CBaseVideoRenderer(struct _GUID const &,unsigned short *,struct IUnknown *,long *)" (??0CBaseVideoRenderer@@QAE@ABU_GUID@@PAGPAUIUnknown@@PAJ@Z) strmbasd.lib(wxdebug.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__strrchr strmbasd.lib(dllentry.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__strrchr strmbasd.lib(dllsetup.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class CFactoryTemplate * g_Templates" (?g_Templates@@3PAVCFactoryTemplate@@A) strmbasd.lib(dllentry.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class CFactoryTemplate * g_Templates" (?g_Templates@@3PAVCFactoryTemplate@@A) strmbasd.lib(dllsetup.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int g_cTemplates" (?g_cTemplates@@3HA) strmbasd.lib(dllentry.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int g_cTemplates" (?g_cTemplates@@3HA) Debug_Unicode/Texture3D9.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. Thanks in advance

Advertisement
Well, although I have no experience with DirectShow , LNK2001 means that it can't find the function/other-data in any of the librarys that it is looking through, so my first questions are...

Do you have your linker set to the appropriate folder?
If so, do you are you having it look in the directory of the newest version of DirectX, vs looking in an old one first?

Edit: BTW, LNK2001 is not a DirectShow only error. You probably know this, but from the way your subject title is written, I thought you ment DirectShow produced this error. <insert standard "check MSDN documents" statement here>

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!