Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lucky7456969

Panda Exporter Problem

This topic is 5449 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hi, When I included bones in my panda export to X, the mesh got deformed so much. I tried to figure it out, and I found the only cause was the bones. There may be some bugs in the panda exporter because Deep Exploration and Mesh Viewer both crashed when I tried to load the mesh and displayed it. Are there any free exporters or could somebody provide a method to solve this situation? Thanks Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Just a suggestion off the top of my head..
have you tried the Quest3D exporters? Not sure if it will solve your problem,but those were the ones i had been using for .x and had no problems with them when exporting.

Give them a try,to see if it solves your problems.You might have to register on the quest site to get them though,can't remember.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey.

I had problems with the quest exporters (the ones available free off the site at any rate). They worked fine when it came to exporting static meshes, but when it came to exporting a animated skinmeshes it all went down hill from there. Both the mView app and my code had trouble animating the meshes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anonymous Poster
hmmm,i never had any problems with the Quest exporters.

I think they are the same exporters(not sure,i am registered with
Quest3D,not sure if the registered download section is updated/have different exporters or not from the public downloads).

Please post what settings in panda you are using,and i'll try to help out if i can.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WUZZUP... I use the panda exporter and it works great for me, but i did hav a little trouble with it at first. The first time i tried to load a file with bones the mesh would render as being completely broken apart into fragments... i found that in order to render it normaly i had to change the "optimize" option in the exporter dialog box to "none". Hope i didn't reply to this thread to late, and hope maybe that helps :P, hav a good one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!