• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
shultz69

On Screen Display

This topic is 5451 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I've been reading your tutorials and some 3ds on this forum but I was unable to find an help to my problem. I'm trying to realize an "On Screen Display" function for a windows application which I realized. I thought OpenGL was the right way to do that. I found how to show text in a scene, but I couldn't find how to make the scene transparent. I would like to have full control of the windows desktop and by pressing few keys in the keybord I would like to show informations about the key pressed and the function being activated or deactivated. Any link to tutorial or help will be appreciated See you

Advertisement
If you're using 2K/XP transparency can be achieved by Win32 API.
I can't remember how, though, but search MSDN, I'm sure you'll find something useful, I know I did when I needed it...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!